Monday, November 2, 2009

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Just like Susan Sarandon, I lost my Rocky Horror virginity to a sweet transvestite from Transsexual Transylvania.

I'd never seen it before, but I knew enough to be prepared. I made up prop bags of rice, toast, water gun, newspaper and party hats. I left out the toilet paper because I'd rather keep it to use rather than throw it around a movie theatre. When we walked into the Plaza it was packed to the walls. There were men in corsets and lots of wigs. It was a loud crowd too, singing along to the Time Warp, and especally excited when Tim Curry made his first appearance descending from the elevator. Tim Curry, in the corset, and the make-up, and the big hair, and those lips...ah. Delicious.

Come time for the rain scene, we put the newspapers over our heads and squirted away with the water gun. My gun was superior since I procured it from my nephew instead of buying a cheapy one at the theatre. I could squirt much farther than my neighbours. Later on rolls of TP sailed through the air with long papery tails, some achieveing considerable loft. Rolls landed near us so we could take part in the throwing.

There was a group of "actors" who got up onto the stage in front of the screen and interacted with the movie. They would mirror what was going on on screen, or go up to the actor and do suggestive things. There's a shot near the end where the camera rotates around and around in a dizzy whirl. Four actors got up and "pushed" the screen around in a circle. It was effective.

My friend went home with rice in her pants and I am still discovering confetti stars in random places, lie my socks (which is really pokey). I am certainly ready to do the Time Warp again.

No comments:

Post a Comment