Thursday, August 27, 2009

Corn Maze

I was without sufficient distraction on Saturday afternoon so I phoned my friend to see what was up. "It's my cousin's birthday," she said. "Want to go to a corn maze?" So we jumped on a rented short bus (fully stocked with beer) and drove southeast of the city to the Calgary Corn Maze. The maze is apparently the size of ten football fields and shaped like a t-rex.























How do they do that? Do they have to hire professional engineers and a helicopter, because that seems really complex. Maybe they have a secret deal with the crop circle aliens.

The maze had two phases. The goal was to locate a bunch of numbered posts in the correct order. There were farm animal-related trivia questions to tell us what direction to take from each post, but it didn't seem to help because we only found a couple of the posts and not in order. Mostly we just wandered around drinking beer and making random decisions (there's some sort of analogy there, I think...). We eventually stumbled upon the exit. There were signs telling us not to eat the corn. I gave in at the end and tore off the leaves and tassels until I got too the tiny yellow ear at the centre. Fresh baby corn is like candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment